2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, Ohio 44906 • 419-755-4800 • 888-755-4899
international students

Prepare to Travel

These tasks should be completed 30 to 60 days before the beginning of a term.

Gather Travel Documents

You should carry these travel documents with you when you come to the U.S. and keep photocopies of these in a separate safe place in case you lose the originals.

  • Passport
  • Student Visa
  • 1-94 Arrival/Departure Record
  • I-20 Document

Arrange for Housing

North Central State does not have on-campus housing so you will have to contact the International Coordinator to arrange for temporary housing. Apartments and houses are available for rent in the local cities of Mansfield and Ontario. The International Coordinator will arrange temporary housing for you before you come to the U.S. and you will be required to find permanent housing when you get to the U.S.

You should expect to pay $600 to $800 a month to rent an apartment. Appliances, like an oven and refrigerator, will probably be included with higher rent and excluded with lower rent. You will have to supply general use furniture, like a couch, dining table and chairs, bedroom furniture, and a television.

Transportation in the U.S.

North Central State College will provide transportation to Mansfield from Cleveland Hopkins Airport or Port Columbus International Airport. If you choose another arrival airport, you will have to arrange transportation to Mansfield.

Once you reach your Mansfield housing, you will have to arrange daily transportation to the college and shopping centers. Bus service is available from Mansfield and Ontario to the college and shopping centers.

Immunization and Health Insurance

All students who attend health degree clinicals are required to have certain immunizations before attending a clinical class. Please contact the Dean of Health Sciences for a current immunization list. It is recommended that you receive these immunizations in your home country instead of waiting to get them in the U.S.

It is recommended, but not required, that students in non-health degrees receive the same immunizations as health degree students before entering the U.S.

Health treatment is expensive in the U.S. and it is recommended that you have a health insurance policy. You must obtain health insurance from a private insurer since North Central State does not provide this service.


>> Step 4: Upon Arrival



International Coordinator

You may contact the International Coordinator with any questions you have about attending classes at North Central State College.

phone: 001-419-755-4824
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.




North Central State College Seal

©2016 North Central State College
2441 Kenwood Circle
Mansfield, OH 44906

Phone Icon419-755-4800
Phone Icon888-755-4899

Pagemasters Login