Contact Us | A-Z Site Index
NC State Button Bar
register for classes, change personal info, pay bill ...
Course Search
by course number, by subject, by faculty ...
Student Email
check email online
online classes portal
My Password Services
change or retrieve your password
online classes portal
A-Z Site Index
find links alphabetically
faculty, staff, offices
help documents and tutorials
MyNC Class Search Student Email My Password Services Canvas Directory Help Documents and Tutorials
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, Ohio 44906 • 419-755-4800 • 888-755-4899




Veterans Benefits

Veterans attending North Central State College may be eligible to receive benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs when pursuing most associate degree programs.

Benefits are available under the following programs:
Chapter 30

Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
For veterans who served under active duty and contributed to the GI Bill fund

Chapter 33

Post 9/11 GI Bill

The Post 9/11 GI Bill is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after 09/11/01, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days

Chapter 1606

Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve/Ohio National Guard
For members of Selected Reserve or Ready Reserve

Chapter 1607

Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)

Members of the Reserves of the Armed forces who are called to duty for 90 days or more. Members may be eligible after serving 90 consecutive days on active duty after September 11, 2001

Chapter 31

Vocational Rehabilitation
For veterans with a service-connected disability

Chapter 35

Survivor & Dependent Educational Assistance
For children and spouses of veterans whose death or disability is 100% service-connected

How to Apply for Educational Benefits

  1. Determine if you are eligible for benefits. Call the VA if you are uncertain (1-888-GI BILL-1). Note: each program has individual requirements for eligibility
  2. All applications should be submitted online at .
    1. For the GI Bill  and Post 9/11 GI Bill(Chapter 30 and Chapter 33), complete an application (Form 22-1990). Please note you must submit a copy of your application and a copy of your DD-214 with Member 4 showing "Honorable Discharge" to the VA Certifying official.
    2. For Selected Reserve Educational Assistance (Chapter 1606), complete an application (Form 22-1990). Please note you must submit a copy of your application and a copy Notice of Basic Eligibility ("NOBE" Form 2384 obtained through your unit's Education Liaison) to the VA Certifying official.
    3. For Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) benefits, contact your local representative. The Cleveland area number is 216-522-3536. The Columbus area number is 614-469-6780.
    4. For Survivor & Dependents (Chapter 35) benefits, complete the Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance application (Form 22-5490). Please note you must submit a copy of your application to the VA Certifying Official.
  3. You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility. Submit one copy to Financial Aid Office, located in Kee Hall.
  4. For each semester submit an NC State Request for Veterans Benefits form after registering for classes. Register and submit your paperwork as early as possible to minimize delays.

Benefit Questions

For specific questions regarding your GI Bill Educational Benefits, please call the GI Bill Hotline at: 1-888-GIBILL-1. Questions specific to your benefits, eligibility, expiration of benefits or payments should be directed to this phone number. Unfortunately, we do not have access to this information, and are unable to provide any information specific to your benefit allotment.

Information about Montgomery GI Bill pay rates can be found here.

Information about all VA benefits can be found on the US Department of Veteran's Affairs website at:

GI Bill Update: For important information about the changes to the GI Bill recently signed into law (Post-9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008), please visit: and follow the links to additional information. Students should not contact the GI Bill hotline at this time. Students can sign up to receive additional information regarding updates through the GI Bill site.


Notify the NC State VA Certifying Official of any changes in enrollment, address, or major. Please note you must submit copies off all paperwork to the VA certifying official. Change of major forms for the VA can be found here

Transfer students, must complete a Change of Program or Place of Training application

Other information for Veterans


Ohio National Guard Scholarship

Students who have enlisted, re-enlisted or extended their obligation for six years in the Ohio National Guard are eligible to receive a grant to pay for 100 percent of their tuition. Interested students should contact their local guard unit for details and application procedures.

Award amount:

Equal to 100% of instructional and general fee charges

Enrollment Required:

3 credit hours or more


Contact your unit for application procedures.


Summer Semester - April 1
Fall Semester - July 1
Spring Semester - November 1

Eligible students receive an approval letter from the Ohio Adjutant General's Office. A copy of this letter should be submitted to Financial Aid Office, located in Kee Hall

Ohio War Orphans

The Ohio War Orphans Scholarship Program awards tuition assistance to the children of deceased or severely disabled Ohio veterans who served in the armed forces during a period of declared war or conflict. . The scholarship provides payment of tuition. To receive War Orphans Scholarship benefits, a student must be enrolled for full-time undergraduate study at an eligible Ohio college or university. Ohio residency is required. Applicants must be under the age of 25.  Forms are available Online at the Ohio Board of Regents website. Students must attend full-time (12 credit hours or more).







Veteran & Service Member Affairs Contact Person (HB488 Role):

Rose Hughes, Success Coach

Office Location: 136-Kee Hall

Phone: (419) 755-4854

Email:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


VA Certifying Official (HB488 Role):

Amanda Kaltenbaugh, Financial Aid Advisor

Office Location: 143-Kee Hall

Phone: (419) 755-4723

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Currently using your GI Bill Educational benefits somewhere else, but want to transfer to NCSC? 

Please submit a signed change of Program or Place of Training application (22-1995

If you are a Dependent Student using Ch. 35, submit a change of Program or Place of Training application (22-5495

For each semester,  any students using VA benefits must submit a NC State Request for Veterans Benefits form after registering for classes. Register and submit your paperwork as early as possible to minimize delays.



North Central State College Financial Aid Shopping Sheet


Military Transcript Information


Community College of the Air Force


Who's Eligible For JST Transcripts

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans.


Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)

*Please note the Financial Aid Office/VA School Cert. Official can not  request transcripts for students



Tuition Assistance


More information can be found here 


*Please note the Financial Aid Office/VA School Cert. Official does not process Tuition Assistance.  All TA paperwork is handled at the Cashier's Office


Additional Information

National Veterans Foundation

Transition to Civilian Life

How to obtain Military Records

(DD Form 214) Request

Ohio Department of Veterans Services

Ohio National Guard Family Readiness Program

Veteran Government Resource Sites




NC State Button Bar
enable editing

content disclaimer | computer and network use policy


About NC State
Maps & Directions


Apply Online
Enrollment Steps
International Students
Options for High School Students
Transfer Options


Associate Degrees
Bachelor's Degree Options
College Catalog
Course Search
Online Classes
Square One
Transcripts & Records
Transfer Options


Apply for Aid
Cost of College
Grants & Scholarships
Veteran's Benefits


Academic Advising
Bill Payment
Career Development
Changing Majors
Child Care
Computer Labs
Disability Services
Health Insurance

ID Cards
IT System Support
Personal Counseling
Safety & Security
Student Success Center
Transcripts & Records
TRIO Support Services

© North Central State College
2441 Kenwood Circle
Mansfield, Ohio 44906


Find Us on FacebookFind us on Facebook

Find Us on FacebookFollow us on Twitter

Send Me More Info

Send Me More Info