Online Financial Aid Forms
The FAFSA must be completed and submitted to the federal processor by any students who wish to receive need-based aid and/or federal student loans. Use the NC State College Title IV code -- 005313 -- to have your Student Aid Report sent electronically to NC State College.
For each quarter, submit an NC State Request for Veterans Benefits form after registering for classes. Register and submit your paperwork as early as possible to minimize delays.
Special Circumstance Application (2013/14)
The FAFSA processor may select you for verification, a method of double checking your FAFSA information. You may be required to complete worksheets, furnish a tax return transcript or other financial documents, or verify your identity. The Financial Aid Office will let you know what is required, you may be asked to fill out and submit one or more of the following
How to request your Tax Return Transcipts
Tax filers can request a transcript, free of charge, of their 2012 tax return from the IRS in one of three ways.
• Available on the IRS Web site at www.irs.gov
• In the Online Services section of the homepage click “Order a Tax Return or Account Transcript”
• Click “Order a Transcript”
• Enter the tax filer’s Social Security Number, date of birth, street address, and zip or postal code. Use the address currently on file with the IRS. Generally this will be the address that was listed on the latest tax return filed. However, if an address change has been completed through the US Postal Service, the IRS may have the updated address on file.
• Click “Continue”
• In the Type of Transcript field, select “Return Transcript” and in the Tax Year field, select “2012”.
• If successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address included in their online request, within 5 to 10 days from the time the on-line request was successfully transmitted to the IRS.
• IRS Tax Return Transcripts requested online cannot be sent directly to a third party by the IRS.
• Available from the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946
• Tax filers must follow prompts to enter their social security number and the numbers in their street address. Generally this will be numbers of the street address that was listed on the latest tax return filed. However, if an address change has been completed through the US Postal Service, the IRS may have the updated address on file.
• Select “Option 2” to request an IRS Tax Return Transcript and then enter “2012”.
• If successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address that was used in their telephone request, within 5 to 10 days from the time the IRS receives the request. IRS Tax Return Transcript Request Process Page 2
• IRS Tax Return Transcripts requested by telephone cannot be sent directly to a third party by the IRS.
Paper Request Form – IRS Form 4506T-EZ
• IRS Form 4506T-EZ should be used instead of IRS Form 4506-T because it is sufficient to request an IRS Tax Return Transcript.
• Download at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506tez.pdf
• Complete lines 1 – 4, following the instructions on page 2 of the form. Note that line 3 should be the most current address as filed with the IRS. It is the address where the IRS Tax Return Transcript will be sent. If the address has recently changed, include the address listed on the latest tax return filed on Line 4. However, if an address change has been completed through the US Postal Service, the IRS may have the updated address on file.
• Line 5 provides tax filers with the option to have their IRS Tax Return Transcript mailed directly to a third party by the IRS. Institutions are responsible for notifying aid applicants whether to list the institution as the third party to receive the Transcript or not. Some institutions may have difficulty matching a parent’s incoming IRS Tax Return Transcript to the aid applicant, as the two names may be different.
• On line 6, enter “2012” to receive IRS tax information for the 2011 tax year that is required for the 2012-2013 FAFSA.
• The tax filers (or spouse if requesting information from a joint tax return) must sign and date the form and enter their telephone number. Only one signature is required to request a transcript for a joint return.
• Mail or fax the completed IRS Form 4506T-EZ to the appropriate address (or FAX number) provided on page 2 of Form 4506T-EZ.
• Tax filers can expect to receive their transcript within 5 to 10 days from the time the IRS receives and processes their signed request. NOTE: Processing form 4506T-EZ means verifying/validating the information provided on the form. If any information does not match the IRS records, the IRS will notify the tax filer that it was not able to provide the transcript.
Online Loan Forms
Direct Student Loan or Alternative loan. Various Alternative lenders may have different procedures and form requirements regarding such a request Please note if your loan was cancelled and you are wishing to apply for another loan you must complete the Loan Request Form above.
All default clearance forms must be received by the first week of the quarter for aid eligibility to be restored that quarter. Any defaults cleared after the first week will be reviewed for the next quarter
Print this pdf, complete and submit to the student records office.